ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LIST OF QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR KIDS?
The following is an excerpt from my book “HAPPY THOUGHTS – 200 Inspiring Quotes Explained For Kids and Teens.” I believe this information is valuable enough to share with parents everywhere.
If the role of a parent is to try and bring them up to be as well-rounded and responsible as possible then it is helpful to at least try and make sense of how they see the world.
You can do this by asking the right questions which encourage positive change and nurtures the confidence and resilience they already have inside them.
One way of doing this is by asking the right questions. Ask your children thoughtful questions which inspire conversation and a healthy curious mindset.
Open-ended questions are a brilliant way of finding out how someone else is thinking. This will not only enhance your relationship with your children but also help you bond with them, while learning to better understand them.
If you are a teen reading this post please feel free to share this section with a parent or any trustworthy adult. You too can ask people these questions. This will give you the opportunity to learn more about your family and friends.
HERE’S A LIST OF 50 QUESTIONS YOU CAN ASK YOUR KIDS
- What five words do you think best describe you?
- What are the five best things about being you?
- What is something that makes your family special?
- What do you love doing?
- What makes you feel happy?
- What makes you feel sad?
- What makes you feel angry?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you know enough about that you could teach others?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you?
- What did you learn from the best thing that has happened to you?
- What is the worst thing that has happened to you?
- What did you learn from the worst thing that has happened to you?
- If you had three wishes what would they be?
- If you could be invisible for a day what would you do?
- Out of all the things you have learnt from this book what do you think will be most useful to you as an adult?
- If you could travel back in time what advice would you give to your younger self?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What scares you?
- What could you do when you are feeling scared to make yourself feel less afraid?
- What do you think that person feels?
- What do you think your life will be like in the future?
- When was a time that you felt lucky?
- Which of your friends do you like the most and why do you like them?
- Do you think you are a good friend? Why do you think so?
- What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
- If you could grow up to be famous what would you want to be famous for?
- If you could be anyone in the world for a day who would it be and why?
- How could you change the world if you could?
- How can you help someone today?
- What are three things you have learnt today?
- Who are your three best role models?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow what rule would you make and why?
- What is the hardest thing about being a kid or teen?
- When was a time that your feelings got hurt?
- What is the difference between smart and wise?
- If you could time-travel, where would you go and why?
- If you could be an animal for a day which one would you be?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What is the best gift you have ever been given? Why was it so special?
- What is your favourite place in the world?
- If you could invent something that would make life easier for people what would you invent?
- What is the most important decision you will ever make?
- What does success mean to you?
- What is your biggest worry?
- What is your biggest dream?
- What are you proudest of in life?
- What is something you never thought you could tell me but maybe want to tell me now?
- Is there anything you have always wanted to ask me but didn’t? Do you want to ask me now?
- What do you think is the meaning of life?