WELCOME FRIENDS! I’M FRANCES VIDAKOVIC AND I’M SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE WITH ME.
(SCROLL DOWN IF YOU WANT TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE FUN FACTS)
Long before I was a parenting blogger and author, I was a life coach. In fact, I started life coaching a mind-boggling seventeen years ago – which feels more like a lifetime ago. Back then I needed to come up with a name that encapsulated my vision and goal for my business. Inspiring Life seemed like a fitting option because its meaning was two-fold. Firstly as a coach I hoped to encourage my clients to live an INSPIRING life. Secondly, and more importantly perhaps, I aimed to inspire LIFE in people.
As a life coach I wanted my clients to feel passionate about their dreams, even if they felt nervous or scared. And now as an author and mommy blogger, I hope to encourage you to embrace all facets of life, not just the good but also the bad, not just the victories but also the challenges.
Because let’s face it – you are going to get both in life. There isn’t a person in this world that is lucky enough to score a smooth, trouble-free ride the whole way – we all have to take a ride on the crazy roller-coaster.
NOW FOR THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF
My ultimate goal as an author and blogger is to help you pursue your dreams and live a fabulous life. That being said, I also understand full well that in order to talk the talk I need to be willing to walk the talk. Am I willing to do that? Indeed I am; every morning I wake up with fresh resolve and a desire to chase my dreams to the best of my ability.
Then there are my values, the ones I treasure most in life: like honesty, respect, trust, patience, love, compassion and commitment. These few words say more about me than any full-length resume ever will. Career-wise I am now an author and blogger. But first and foremost I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. While I try to embrace all of life’s opportunities I am still human just like you. I make mistakes but each time I fall down I make sure to get up and brush my knees off again.
My philosophy is simple: I believe that life is full of ups and downs but ultimately every individual in this world has something special to share. So what is your gift? What is your purpose? And are you willing to begin sharing with others today?
WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER YOU
After over a decade of coaching others to achieve success, I now create books, tools and resources that motivate moms to chase their dreams and hopefully live an inspiring life too. If you are a mom seeking to live life with intention please check out my books or my latest blog posts, which focus primarily on life and parenting (you can search for appropriate posts within the different categories).
You can do this by clicking on the appropriate image below or click here to find other ways you can stay connected. Alternatively, if you are interested in life coaching (which I still offer on a limited basis) you can click here. See below for 20 fun facts about me!
While we are getting to know each other I thought I might indulge you with 20 fun facts about myself (a little bit like getting to know each other better over coffee, except I’m the only one talking!) So here goes:
20 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. When I was a child, I wanted to be a detective and was obsessed with Nancy Drew and Encyclopedia Brown. I was never without a book in hand – I would bring one every night with me to the dinner table and I would fall asleep under the bed covers with a flashlight on my pillow. Still to this day, I have kept all my favorite childhood books like The Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High (literally hundreds of them!) because I can’t bear the thought of letting them go.
2. Growing up I had two pen-pals who lived in the US and every day I would race to the mailbox to see if I had received a new letter. It was the highlight of my week to receive mail and of course, I was that crazily devoted pen-pal who wrote back the very same day.
3. I am an introvert as much as I am an extrovert. I love the smell of the outdoors, the warmth of a campfire and if I had it my way I would live by the sea because the sight of water makes me feel most at home.
4. My parents were both born and bred on a Adriatic Island where I lived for years after finishing university (hence my obsession with the sea). Living on an island changed me irrevocably because I got to see the other side of life. My closest friends became people who had little but loved deeply, lived well, dreamed big and lived every moment as though it was possibly their last.
5. I never knew how much I wasn’t a “pampered princess” until I lived in a small village where luxuries were a rarity and I thrived rather than shriveled without these things in my life. I value honesty, compassion, hard work and trustworthiness more than I do money or any other material possessions.
6. If I could be friends with one celebrity it would be Oprah.
7. I have little care for negativity and people who suck the energy right out of you. I treasure old friends as though they are precious jewels worth their weight in gold.
8. I believe mistakes are the best lessons a person can have in life but only if you learn from them (if not these mistakes will just keep repeating themselves over and over until you finally get it!).
9. I dress for comfort and think a person is most beautiful when they laugh freely and know how to poke fun at themselves.
10. If I could spend my time doing ANYTHING, I would spend it writing while travelling.
11. Board games are my thing! If anyone is playing Rummykin, Sequence or a card game I have to join in.
12. I slightly freak out when I discover someone hasn’t watched the movies I deem to be classics (and then make it my mission to watch it with them). My top six picks includes: Stand By Me, The Breakfast Club, The Goonies, The Giver, Run Lola Run and Grease.
13. I am the eldest of three girls and think the day feels empty if I haven’t spoken to one of my sisters. Weekly dinners with my family are a must – my parents would probably disown me if I missed more than one in a row.
14. I wake up early no matter how late I go to bed and I consider 7:30am a massive sleep-in.
15. I’m that crazy person obsessed with capturing every beautiful moment of my life (and of course, that of my family). I am the friend that everyone can count on to snap the perfect pic.
16. My favorite words are epitome and epiphany.
17. I have kept all of my school report cards and still have a box hidden away filled with my old mix cassette tapes plus Archie and Betty and Veronica comics.
18. I believe you can never have too many pretty notebooks, black felt-tip pens or summer dresses.
19. My favorite foods are pizza and vanilla slices.
20. Oh and I saved the best for last. Family for me is everything. Everything! (And then writing is a close second, but mainly because it is so deeply ingrained in me I can’t escape it. Only problem is, as Lawrence Kasdan said, being a writer is like having homework every day for the rest of your life. Lucky me!